Filed under: Registering, Tips | Tags: baby items, baby registry, baby wipes, bottle sterilizer, mommy wears heels, new baby, pregnancy, sleep positioner, tips on registering for baby, wipe warmer
Back to the whole registering thing from yesterday…
Everyone has their “must-haves” list but I’ve never come across a list of “don’t needs”! So of course, I’m gonna give you one! Here is my list for the 5 things you won’t need that people tell you, you do!
1. Wipes Warmer: This is about as pointless as they come… you don’t have time to wait for wipes to warm up! The kid needs to be changed for pete’s sake!
2. Bottle Sterilizer: The dishwasher does the trick just as well. Our parents didn’t have one of these contraptions and we all turned out just fine. We got one at my baby shower and have never used it. If you really think it’s a necessity, you can have mine!
3. Don’t get a wipes case, unless it fits the entire wipes pack. With a lot of cases out there, you need to take the wipes out individually from your larger, stay-at-home package and store them in the case. This causes the wipes to dry up in a matter of a couple of days. Just get a couple packs of travel wipes and you’ll be good to go.
4. Sleep positioner: The baby is going to move around and chances are, move right out of this thing. It’s non-sense.
5. Newborn mittens: Initially I thought this seemed like a great, logical idea… boy was I wrong! Our son had these off in about 2.2 seconds. Sure, he scratched himself a few times, but he tried so hard to get these darn mittens off, I think that’s where ½ of the scratches came from!
What do you guys think? Anything else you would like to add to this list… I LOVE comments!